The National Car Testing Service (NCTS) has now updated all records for those customers’ vehicles that qualified for the 4 month test extension as announced by the Minister for Transport, Tourism and Sport, Mr Shane Ross in April.
A vehicle with a test due date on or after 28th March 2020 has now had their test date extended by 4 months, see example below
|Original NCT Expiry Date||New NCT Test Due Date|
|28th March 2020||28th July 2020|
|10th May 2020||10th September 2020|
|15th October 2020*||15th February 2021|
*Cars first registered on or after 1st August 2016 are not eligible for the 4 month extension.
Customers should note this change and are encouraged to check their new test due date on the Check NCT Due Date section on the NCTS website before booking their test.
NCTS are reminding customers that if they book a test that is more than 90 days earlier than the test due date, the test will be a voluntary early test and the NCT certificate issued will be valid for 1 or 2 years (depending on the age of the vehicle) from the date of the successful test. NCTS are asking customers to note carefully the website messages they receive throughout the course of the booking process.
NCTS can now confirm that following the successful reopening of the first 19 centres, we intend on opening the remaining 28 centres on a phased basis. The reopening is subject to the Government’s approval of the start of phase 3 of the Road Map to ease Covid19 restrictions.
The remaining centres will be reopening in the following blocks and appointments for these centres are available online at www.ncts.ie once approval for the phase is granted.
|Block 1: Currently open|
|Cork Little Island
|Northpoint 1&2 Dublin
|Block 2: Scheduled for opening 29th June|
|Block 3: Scheduled for opening mid-July|
The reopening of these centres will be aligned with the Governments Roadmap for reopening Society and Business. As information and guidance from public health officials change, we will reassess and change our procedures and protocols accordingly.
Customers with a test due date prior to 28 March and those affected by the lifts issue are being prioritised.
Further updates will be provided on the website www.ncts.ie over the coming day
Последние публикации в категории
- We can help with your Public Transport Accident Claim*
- Minister Naughton Announces Further Extension to Driving Licences
- Road Safety Alert – Orange and Yellow Weather Warnings
- Bus Accident Claims *
- Statement from the Minister for Transport, Tourism and Sport, Shane Ross, and the Road Safety Authority in relation to the gradual re-opening of some RSA services
- Statement from the Minister of Transport, Tourism and Sport, Shane Ross, and the Road Safety Authority in relation to a phased resumption of Commercial Vehicle Testing
- Extension to the period of validity of official documents in relation to the Vehicle Testing, Driver Licensing, and Related Services
- Statement re NCT